After launching the affordable Vivo Y17 in the Philippines, Vivo has released another budget multimedia and gaming phone in China called the Vivo Z5x which has a punch-hole display for P10k plus starting price.
The Vivo Z5x also features a 16MP triple camera similar to the OnePlus 6T and then paired with a powerful Snapdragon 710 processor, Turbo feature, and huge 5000 mAh battery. The RAM configurations start at 4GB and could be maxed up to 8GB and 128GB expandable storage. The island houses a 16MP selfie shooter with an f/2.0 aperture.
In terms of charging, the Vivo V5x has an 18W Quick Charge support similar to the Vivo Y17. The only downside is that it uses a micro-USB port but features a USB OTG (on-the-go).
Available in China at the end of May, there is no launch date for India and the Philippines. The estimated pricing for the Philippine market is about P10k to P11k before taxes.
Vivo Z5x specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD FullView with punch-hole
- Design: Gorilla Glass and polycarbonate
- CPU: Snapdragon 710 Octa-core AI processor, Multi Turbo for gaming
- GPU: Adreno graphics
- RAM: 4GB, 6GB, or 8GB
- Memory: 64GB or 128GB expandable storage
- Camera: 16MP f1.8 main triple camera with 8MP wide angle and 2MP depth sensor
- Selfie: 16MP f/2.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A, WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, micro USB port
- Battery: non-removable 5000mAh with dual-engine fast charging at 18W
- Security: rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with FunTouch OS 9
- Release date: July or August in the Philippines
- Price: estimated at P10,000 to P11,000 before taxes