One of the most interesting smartphones last year was the Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition due to its transparent backing. In spite of its contentious design, the flagship phone still looked cool. This year, The Mi 9 is getting the same treatment but at a cheaper price tag. Meet the Xiaomi Mi 9 Explorer (Transparent) Edition with 8GB/256GB for 3699 Yuan (~Php29k).
The Explorer edition of the Xiaomi Mi 9 was previously announced with only the 12GB/256GB model at 3999 Yuan (~Php31k). Aside from the RAM and onboard storage, the rest of the features stay the same. You’re still getting a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED FHD+ display; complete with Corning Gorilla Glass 6. Further, there’s a Snapdragon 855 inside running Android 9.0 Pie. The camera hardware is feature-packed with a triple sensor on the back and a larger 20MP up front.
While it’s highly unlikely for the phone to officialy arrive locally, the standard Xiaomi Mi 9, however, is about to be available in the Philippines starting March 30.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Explorer/Transparent Edition specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen, 403ppi 19.5:9, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, teardrop notch, Always-on display
- Design: glass and metal, dedicated Google Assistant button, a transparent backing
- CPU: Snapdragon 855 octa-core AI processor
- GPU: Adreno 640 graphics
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Memory: 256GB non-expandable
- Camera: 48MP f/1.75 (Sony IMX586) + 16MP f/2.2 wide-angle (Sony IMX481) + 12MP f/2.2 telephoto (Samsung S5K3M5)
- Selfie: 20MP with HDR
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, WiFi ac, 4×4 MIMO, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3300 mAh, wired charging (27W), wireless charging (20W)
- Security: On-screen Fingerprint Scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Release date: March 2019 in China, Philippines availability TBA
- Price: estimated to start at Php29k(8GB) up to Php21k(12GB/256GB)