Mitsubishi has just launched the all-new Mitsubishi Montero Sport or Pajero Sport for 2020. Most of the changes are found on the exterior including the slightly facelifted controversial taillights. The redesigned 2020 Mitsubishi Montero Sport will have a new grill called the Dynamic Shield similar to the new Strada.
The new Montero will also have a revamped interior, particularly on the dashboard and infotainment offering. The safety features like the Blind Spot Monitoring and Pre-collision alert and others are optional for the other trims. But engine-wise, the 2.4MIVEC Turbo Diesel will power the Montero and the Strada.
Not much has been said about the pricing for the new Montero Sport but it is expected to notch up slightly higher compared to its previous model. The expected launch date in the Philippines is at Q4 2019.
Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2019 specs, release date Philippines, price
- Body type: mid-sized SUV based on pick-up
- Engine: 2.4-liter MIVEC turbo diesel
- Power: 181 HP @ 3,500 rpm
- Torque: 430 Nm @ 2,500 rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic or manual
- Fuel efficiency: 19 km/l, 75 liter capacity
- Ground clearance: 200+ mm
- Safety: Driver and front passenger’s airbags, Forward Collision Mitigation, Reverse or Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Monitoring, Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System for anti-sudden unintended acceleration, Multi Around Monitor or 360-degree view camera, reverse parking sensors, ISOFIX
- Features: Cruise Control, Keyless Entry, 6-inch touch display
- Price: P1,600,000 to P1.7M base model price in Philippine pesos
- Release: Q3 to Q4 2019 in the Philippines