Sony is launching a set of new Xperia smartphones at MWC 2019 in Barcelona. Along with the flagship, Xperia XZ4 or Xperia 10Z are the midranges called Sony Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus (previously mentioned as Xperia XA3).
Both the official images and key specs of the Sony Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus have been revealed. The larger Xperia 10 will feature a tall 6.5-inch Full HD+ display while the smaller Xperia 10 has a 5.9-inch. Their design and form factors are identical to each other with the thick bezel on top being present.
Each Xperia could be powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 660 processor paired with up to 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. The camera on the back is a dual-lens setup composed of 23MP + 8MP secondary while the front may house a single selfie shooter.
In terms of battery, the smaller Xperia is said to sport a 3,500 mAh juice and the Plus version to have a bigger capacity.
There are no official pricing and release date mentioned but it is expected they will be launched in the Philippines and other countries by March for an estimated $300 SRP or roughly P15k pesos for the Xperia 10.
Sony Xperia 10, Xperia 10 Plus rumored specs, release date, price in the Philippines
- Display: 6-inch or 6.5-inch IPS LCD, 21:9 ratio, Gorilla Glass
- Design: All-screen with thick top bezels, metal and glass
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core
- GPU: Adreno graphics
- RAM: 4GB
- Memory: 64GB expandable storage
- Camera: Dual lens 23MP + 8MP, 4K UHD video
- Selfie: Single front camera
- Connectivity: WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G LTE A, NFC, GPS
- Security: Fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3500 mAh to 4000 mAh
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, Upgradeable to 9.0 Pie
- Release date: March 2019
- Price: Est. $300 or about P15,000 before taxes for base model