Xiaomi has finally unveiled the Mi CC9 Pro, aka, Mi Note 10. It’s the first smartphone with a 108MP Penta camera. That said, it’s still a mid-range phone that uses a mid-range chipset. The price of Mi CC9 Pro starts at CNY 2799 (~P20k) for the 6GB/128GB, CNY 3099 (~P22k) for 8GB RAM, and goes up to CNY 3499 (~P25k) for the 8GB/256GB model and an upgraded 8P lens system for the main camera.
Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro (Mi Note 10) Officially Released
There’s no getting around it, the main feature of MI CC9 Pro is the Penta camera. While Xiaomi already revealed the use of the five main lenses ahead of the announcement, we now have a better idea of what each lens offer. The 108MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright HMX sensor is capable of delivering 27MP equivalent photos through pixel-binning. However, you can shoot a full 108MP should you wish to. It’s worth noting that the top model which is called Mi CC9 Pro Premium Edition features an 8P lens system instead of 7P of the lower-end models. We still don’t know how this affects image quality, so we’ll have to test this one out for ourselves.
The second sensor on the back is a 5MP telephoto that provides 5x optical zoom and 10x hybrid zoom. As for the third sensor, it’s a 12MP telephoto, too, that’s designed for portrait shots. The fourth sensor is the 20MP ultra-wide sensor that offers a 117-degree field of view. Last is a 2MP macro lens for, well, close-up subjects. For the selfie camera, it’s housed inside a teardrop notch and uses a 32MP lens.
Outside the camera spec sheet, Mi CC9 Pro is a very capable device for day-to-day tasks and gaming. All thanks to the Snapdragon 730G made for gaming. We also like the sound of a massive 5260mAh battery with the pairing of 30W Power Delivery charging. This allows up to 58% in just 30 minutes. But with a larger battery expect the phone to weigh significantly in the hand.
Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro will go on sale in China starting November 11. While there’s no word yet of a global release, it’s already confirmed that the phone will set out as Mi Note 10.
Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.47-inch FHD+, Super AMOLED, HRD10+, up to 600 nits, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, teardrop notch
- Design: mechanical pop-up selfie camera, dual-glass
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G (8 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Memory: 128GB/256GB storage, no microSD slot
- Camera: 108 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS + 5 MP (upscaled to 8MP), f/2.0, (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS, 5x optical zoom + 12 MP, f/2.0, 50mm (telephoto), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, 2x optical zoom + 20 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 1.0µm, Laser AF + 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera) | video up to 4K @ 30fps
- Selfie: mechanical pop-up 32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8µm, up to 1080p 30fps
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A Wi-Fi ac, BT 5.0, GPS, audio jack (24-bit), USB Type-C
- Battery: non-removable 5260mAh, 30W USB power Delivery (% in 30 min., 100% in 65 min)
- Security: in-display fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 11
- Color: Aurora Green, Glacier White, Midnight Black
- Release date: China November 11, Philippines availability TBD
- Price: CNY 2799 (~P20k) to CNY 3499 (~P25k)